Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Billie
gentlespiritedlady
6 posters

It is after midnight

gentlespiritedlady
    gentlespiritedlady

It is after midnight Empty It is after midnight

Post  gentlespiritedlady Thu May 07, 2009 10:22 pm

I can't seem to sleep, I am tired, but I have a ton of stuff on my mind and I can't seem to clear my head to fall asleep. Insomnia, i do get it from time to time, but now is just not good. I have such a busy week at work, and Mothers day is coming. That is one of the busiest day of the year at my job, I am scheduled to work 8:30 am to volume, which will probably be around 8:30 or 9 pm.

the lack of sleep is causing me to forget things ( or maybe it is because I am just starting to experience the beginning stages of old age).

Well, I am rambilng again, like I said, I am unfocused and maybe I can get some sleep tonight, MAYBE.
    Billie

It is after midnight Empty Re: It is after midnight

Post  Billie Fri May 08, 2009 12:15 am

I know what you mean..times I cant sleep either..mind just goes on and on..I get the word and read where Jesus gives us promises about sleeping..Psalms 4:8 "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep, for thou Lord,only makest me dwell in safety." Psalms 127:2.."..." for so HE giveth His beloved sleep." Proverbs 3:24 " When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid; yea thou shalt lie down,and thy sleep shall be sweet."
    I love those, when its the darkest hours..and I'm lying awake, He reminds me of those promises..and I find my rest in Him, my mind quiets..and everything finds a place IN Him..no worries,no planning the next day, HE just takes it all and I sleep. Smile
    I pray this helps you, have a good rest.
    G'Night sister
    Here Am I
    Here Am I

Post  Here Am I Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 am

I've been having sleep issues the last year or so, but they aren't constant for which I am extremely grateful. My doctor said that some of it is due to perimenopause, and since I don't want to take medications, I'll just have to deal with it for a while. I also have a lot going on right now, with the upcoming surgery: my mind races or I wake up at 4am, a couple hours before I have to get up.

When I can't sleep, I generally start praying. That will often help me get to sleep, but when it doesn't work, I have some good time with the Lord.

Love you all, you're in my prayers.
    hayseed

Post  hayseed Sat May 09, 2009 5:36 am

I used to be able to sleep soundly but now my hip aches and I inch myself slowly to try and get comfortable then get seized with a violent cramp in my leg...OUCH! that takes my mind off my hip.sigh,yawn pick up my KJV from the bedside table and as I get it I touch the lamp,so it goes out,touch it again and it comes on dimmly,touch it again,brighter,touch it again and it's pretty good,reach for my glasses,bump, touch the lamp it goes out,touch the lamp it goes on dimmly,touch it again and it's brighter,touch it again and it's just right.Now Iam set to read and get myself sleepy.Start reading,my mind drifts away to something else,get back on track and start reading 1Kings from where I left off the last night..hmmm..have to re-read what I read the night before because I have lost the plot.Have to take a comfort break,so put book on the table and touch the lamp by mistake,go through that routine again.

Back in bed again...still awake(daren't reach over to pick up my Holy Bible because I don't want the lamp going out again)..so???, a crossword!.
    Lean over the edge of the bed to fish my crossword from the floor,put my hip out,moan and inch slowly to get comfortable and get cramp.
    Lie there awake and make a delicate dainty movement to get my pen from the table without bumping the lamp.YES! Pick my glasses up and touch the lamp....BLACKNESS.
    I can't be the only one like this surely?
    scratch
    Billie

Post  Billie Sat May 09, 2009 1:35 pm

There is an older song that says.."Mama said there'd be days like this..there'd be days like this, my mama saidddd.." it is so frustrating..and if you don't feel well or so tired you could yell.. when it gets like that? I get tickeled and rather than cry or yell..I just laugh Laughing So, yes, Hayseed..probably most of us have been there and done it..how many times??!!! You aren't alone.. and sometimes I get up and get on the computer to see who else isn't sleeping! Bless you, sister.. flower
    Here Am I
    Here Am I

Post  Here Am I Sat May 09, 2009 7:16 pm

hayseed wrote:I used to be able to sleep soundly but now my hip aches and I inch myself slowly to try and get comfortable then get seized with a violent cramp in my leg...OUCH! that takes my mind off my hip.sigh,yawn pick up my KJV from the bedside table and as I get it I touch the lamp,so it goes out,touch it again and it comes on dimmly,touch it again,brighter,touch it again and it's pretty good,reach for my glasses,bump, touch the lamp it goes out,touch the lamp it goes on dimmly,touch it again and it's brighter,touch it again and it's just right.Now Iam set to read and get myself sleepy.Start reading,my mind drifts away to something else,get back on track and start reading 1Kings from where I left off the last night..hmmm..have to re-read what I read the night before because I have lost the plot.Have to take a comfort break,so put book on the table and touch the lamp by mistake,go through that routine again.

Back in bed again...still awake(daren't reach over to pick up my Holy Bible because I don't want the lamp going out again)..so???, a crossword!.
    Lean over the edge of the bed to fish my crossword from the floor,put my hip out,moan and inch slowly to get comfortable and get cramp.
    Lie there awake and make a delicate dainty movement to get my pen from the table without bumping the lamp.YES! Pick my glasses up and touch the lamp....BLACKNESS.
    I can't be the only one like this surely?
    scratch
    Sounds like your lamp is possessed! affraid

What's with your hip, if I might ask? I've got severe arthritis in my right hip, and am scheduled for surgery in a couple of weeks. So far, the pain doesn't mess with my sleep, but the anxiety of what I'll be going through in the next few months does...

But I'm blessed, God is good and is seeing me through this. 2 Corinthians 12:9 and 10.
    hayseed

Post  hayseed Sat May 09, 2009 8:30 pm

What's the deal with my hip?...[i]it was one of those sleepless nights and I had an upset tummy so I thought I'd go downstairs to get something for it,missed two stairs and stepped into midair,landed heavy on my knees and did my hip an injury that lasts and lasts.
    **sigh**

What sort of op will you be having,a hip replacement maybe?
    Here Am I
    Here Am I

Post  Here Am I Sat May 09, 2009 8:44 pm

hayseed wrote:What's the deal with my hip?...[i]it was one of those sleepless nights and I had an upset tummy so I thought I'd go downstairs to get something for it,missed two stairs and stepped into midair,landed heavy on my knees and did my hip an injury that lasts and lasts.
    **sigh**

What sort of op will you be having,a hip replacement maybe?
    Ouch! Sorry about that, I was wondering if you and I had a similar condition.

Yes, I am scheduled for a total hip replacement on May 19th. I'll be in the hospital for three days, and then home in bed with my leg elevated for two weeks. My surgeon is adamant about me being in bed, aside from trips to the bathroom, so I won't be online for close to three weeks. Shocked

Then I'll be homebound for another four weeks, not going anywhere until I go to my follow up appointment six weeks after the surgery.

I'm allergic to most antibiotics, and found out recently that I do not tolerate opiates well, reducing my options for pain relief. Needless to say, I'm a bit stressed out over the entire situation.

But the Lord is good, and He will see me through. Thanks for your prayers.
    hayseed

Post  hayseed Sat May 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Shocked
    Are you my sister from another mother or what?..I'm wearing a medical emergency bracelet because I'm also allergic to most antibiotics!!!
    I have been told that they can find antibiotics from different families,but they are cousins, that may suit me.They say you maybe allergic to a bee sting but not a wasp (so far I haven't been game to try.)If need be I think I would try if I was already in Hospital being monitored.

Gosh you will be allowed out early after your op.It's a big op but I know two ladies from our Chapel here in NZ that have had it done and it has given them a new lease on life.You will be so glad once your recovery is over,
    God will go before you.

YSIC Mary-Alice xoxox
    Cody
    Cody
    Admin

Post  Cody Sun May 10, 2009 6:48 am

Sometimes I lay in bed for 4 hours trying to go to sleep.
    Here Am I
    Here Am I

Post  Here Am I Sun May 10, 2009 12:45 pm

Cody wrote:Sometimes I lay in bed for 4 hours trying to go to sleep.
    When I can't sleep, I pray, or recite Scripture. It usually will make me sleepy, and if not, then at least I'm doing something good.
    Here Am I
    Here Am I

Post  Here Am I Sun May 10, 2009 12:50 pm

hayseed wrote:Shocked
    Are you my sister from another mother or what?..I'm wearing a medical emergency bracelet because I'm also allergic to most antibiotics!!!
    I have been told that they can find antibiotics from different families,but they are cousins, that may suit me.They say you maybe allergic to a bee sting but not a wasp (so far I haven't been game to try.)If need be I think I would try if I was already in Hospital being monitored.
    Well, you're my sister in Christ, right? Very Happy

The only antibiotic that I can take, that I know of, is Levaquin. I'm allergic to all the penicillins, e-mycins and even sulfa. When I was a child, I got sick a lot, and the doctors kept dosing me with antibiotics; eventually, I became allergic to them.

hayseed wrote:Gosh you will be allowed out early after your op.It's a big op but I know two ladies from our Chapel here in NZ that have had it done and it has given them a new lease on life.You will be so glad once your recovery is over,
    God will go before you.
    Thank you, sister. I think the three days in the hospital is due to 'insurance', but if I were not doing well, it would be extended. I'd just as soon be home, anyway, in my own bed, with my own family, and not in some medical facility, not unless I really needed to be there.

Thank you for your prayers, and kind words. I do appreciate them!
    kittn
    kittn

Post  kittn Sun May 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Cody wrote:Sometimes I lay in bed for 4 hours trying to go to sleep.

I would give up long before that and go read or something, lol! I hate laying there awake....

I'm so thankful that any sleep issues I've had have gone the other way - sleeping to escape, sleeping too much.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:11 pm