Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
vendetta ride
Cody
kittn
gentlespiritedlady
8 posters

Cody, Important please read

gentlespiritedlady
    gentlespiritedlady

Cody, Important please read Empty Cody, Important please read

Post  gentlespiritedlady Sat May 09, 2009 11:13 am

I found a help site, well, I think that the forum hosting site you are using is NO LONGER operating...click this link

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1591795
    kittn
    kittn

Cody, Important please read Empty Re: Cody, Important please read

Post  kittn Sat May 09, 2009 12:20 pm

It's certainly not looking too good there, is it?

Well, we'd been talking about making a switch...I like the V-Bulletin set-up, myself...sighhhhhh.
    gentlespiritedlady
    gentlespiritedlady

Post  gentlespiritedlady Sat May 09, 2009 12:33 pm

kittn wrote:It's certainly not looking too good there, is it?

Well, we'd been talking about making a switch...I like the V-Bulletin set-up, myself...sighhhhhh.

I am wondering if there is a way that Cody can back up the forum and just go to another web hosting site that uses phbb3 and just move the URL there.

I think if he could do that, there would be very little loss.
    Cody
    Cody
    Admin

Post  Cody Sun May 10, 2009 6:50 am

If there is anyway to backup all the posts on the forum I would like to do that, but if not I guess we could switch to V-bulletin.
    vendetta ride
    vendetta ride

Post  vendetta ride Sun May 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Look, peeps, this stuff happens. Lor and I belonged to a huge secular site that actually crashed twice, and all the posters had to start from scratch. (And that one was run by real pros - - - no offense, Cody!) It wouldn't be the end of the world. My preference would be Vbulletin; my experience with those sites has been very good. I don't know the cost, but if it were, say, $200 a year, we could all chip in a little. It would be worth it.

There are no coincidences, and there is no happenstance. It doesn't matter if the host went belly up, or if the "new members" zapped us, or both: the Lord might be moving us in a new direction.

I hate to sound like a Pollyanna or something, but change is not always bad. The Lord might be nudging us toward the next level, Cody. But no matter what we do, or how we pay for it, we want you to be at the helm. You've proved your ability (which the Lord gave you) with a small site; now He might be giving you a bigger assignment.

Let's keep praying. The only thing that's not acceptable is calling it quits!
    Billie

Post  Billie Sun May 10, 2009 7:02 pm

cheers I totally agree...God in charge... no surprises with HIM. #2 Pollyanna!!!
    kittn
    kittn

Post  kittn Sun May 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Billie wrote:cheers I totally agree...God in charge... no surprises with HIM. #2 Pollyanna!!!

I agree too, but I don't think I'll ever be mistaken for a Pollyanna! Laughing

I do think things are just warming up...I'm watching with interest to see what direction the Lord does move us in!

Count me in for the long haul.... flower
    Billie

Post  Billie Sun May 10, 2009 8:38 pm

kittn wrote:
    Billie wrote:cheers I totally agree...God in charge... no surprises with HIM. #2 Pollyanna!!!

I agree too, but I don't think I'll ever be mistaken for a Pollyanna! Laughing

I do think things are just warming up...I'm watching with interest to see what direction the Lord does move us in!

Count me in for the long haul.... flower

Me either, Laura! But I have been accused of seeing the glass 1/2 full..instead of 1/2 empty.. Wink Don't know if thats good? or not so good...sometimes isn't wise.
    I'm with you..will be interesting to see where HE takes us, am a 'firm' believer in no accidents with God! I know God put Cody in charge of this forum..and HE brought me here..found all of you!!! Has been a real healing process for me..thanks all!!
    Shalom
    Cody
    Cody
    Admin

Post  Cody Sun May 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Here is the V-Bulletin prices...

$100 for this one...

vBulletin (Leased License)
    The leased vBulletin Forum license allows you to use the software on your site for 1 year and gives you access to products updates for that year. After 1 year, you must renew your license or remove the software from your site.

This license includes free support via email and on the community forum. Phone Support is not included in the license price but may be purchased for an additional cost either at the time of initial purchase, or afterwards through the members' area.

and $180 for this one...

vBulletin (Owned License)
    The owned vBulletin Forum license allows you to run the software on your site indefinitely. Along with this license, you will receive one year of free updates. Beyond the first year, a nominal fee of $60 (or $40 if purchased within 60 days of the license expiring) is payable to obtain updates for an additional year.

This license includes free support via email and on the community forum. Phone Support is not included in the license price but may be purchased for an additional cost either at the time of initial purchase, or afterwards through the Members' Area.

https://www.vbulletin.com/order/

What do you guys think? Be praying about it.
    kittn
    kittn

Post  kittn Mon May 11, 2009 5:58 am

I'm inclined to say own rather than lease. But, I will be praying about it while I'm gone!

Have a good week everyone!
    vendetta ride
    vendetta ride

Post  vendetta ride Mon May 11, 2009 5:37 pm

kittn wrote:I'm inclined to say own rather than lease. But, I will be praying about it while I'm gone!

Have a good week everyone!
    I agree with Laura. Lor and I have a dear friend (unsaved) who runs a political message board, and I think the $180 deal is the one he uses. It has everything we need, plus some stuff we can use or not use (like Reputation Points, which are kinda gimmicky). I think there are at least nine of us who could kick in $20, and some could do more.

You get what you pay for.
    Here Am I
    Here Am I

Post  Here Am I Mon May 11, 2009 5:58 pm

vendetta ride wrote:There are no coincidences, and there is no happenstance. It doesn't matter if the host went belly up, or if the "new members" zapped us, or both: the Lord might be moving us in a new direction.

I hate to sound like a Pollyanna or something, but change is not always bad. The Lord might be nudging us toward the next level, Cody. But no matter what we do, or how we pay for it, we want you to be at the helm. You've proved your ability (which the Lord gave you) with a small site; now He might be giving you a bigger assignment.

Let's keep praying. The only thing that's not acceptable is calling it quits!
    Amen, brother, on all counts, here:

• The Lord is on control!
    • V-Bulletin sounds like a plan (I will pray about it).
    • I want you to stay 'at the helm' as VR put it.
    • I'm not quitting!

I'll get something to you by the end of the week, when I get paid. Hold onto it until a decision is made; I won't have much money in the next two to three months (due to surgery etc.) so I want to give it to you before I don't have it.

God bless you all!
    Cody
    Cody
    Admin

Post  Cody Mon May 11, 2009 6:38 pm

Tell me when you guys make a definite decision. I'm for V-Bulletin also and I have tried out the demo numerous times to make sure I am able to correctly Admin it without any problem.
    Kiwi
    Kiwi

Post  Kiwi Mon May 11, 2009 11:48 pm

I'm all for VBulletin also, and am willing to make a financial contribution to the cost when the time comes.
    Billie

Post  Billie Tue May 12, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm for what ever the majority vote yes on. Smile Let me know where to send the money.
    hollie
    hollie

Post  hollie Wed May 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Vbulletin! Vbulletin! I really, like, am a big fan of Vbulletin? That's how I met Here Am I and VR, was at a Vbulettin site. But I'm for it any way.

tongue

If it's a majority vote thing? I'm for Vbulletin. It would be a mistake to try to go down Cheap Street and stuff. This forum deserves better than that? And the Lord does, too.

If we can pay for, I mean. And I'm sure we can?

I'm not knocking those Communist sites like Face Book? I'm just sayen.

flower
    gentlespiritedlady
    gentlespiritedlady

Cody, Important please read Empty I have never used vbulliten

Post  gentlespiritedlady Wed May 13, 2009 5:31 pm

but that is fine by me, I can learn to get around in there.
    kittn
    kittn

Post  kittn Fri May 15, 2009 5:03 pm

vBulletin sounds good to me...you'll have no problem with using it, Jessica. It's fairly easy to find your way around. flower

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content